If you have problems under Windows,please refer to problems under windows
- An updated GUI based Batch Tool to support more parameters.
- a complete new Python SDK, which enables users to control almost every parameters (including scene objects) for batch processing.
- A new simple tree crown tool to create tree crowns by inputing paramters, such as leaf angle distribution.
- Some bugs reported by users have been fixed (many thanks for their support).
- A new LiDAR simulator tool (Extensions->Lidar Simulator) has been released (Contribution from Mr. Yaotao Luo).
- Update the calculation of four components, when the number of bands is larger than or equal to 5, the output four-component image will contain 5 bands, the first one is the type i.e., 1-illuminated soil, 2- illuminated object, 3-shaded soil, 4-shaded object. The others are proportions of each component.
- The LAI module now can output vertical profile of LAI
- Fix some bugs envolved in FPAR/Albedo simulation
- The 2D display has been enhanced, which can show the tree crown except for the tree position.
- Add a new Database which contains several tree objects(OBJ file) under folder “LESS/app/Database”
- A new linechart tool is added to plot optical properties
Linux-Ubuntu 16.04: LESS-1.8.6-Ubuntu16.04-GUI.
For more information of using LESS under linux,e.g., CentOS, please refer to Use LESS under Linux
- Prosect-5 and Prospect-D have been integrated into LESS.
- Vertical profile of fPAR for each scene component can be simulated.
version 1.8.5): Download it from here: LESS V1.8.5
- The reflectance of each pixel of the terrain can be different by inputing a land albedo map.
- Using triangle mesh as the terrain.
version 1.8.4): Download it from here: LESS V1.8.4
- Simulating four component products (e.g., sunlit leaf, sunlit soil, shaded soil, shaded leaf).
- Introduce repetitive scene for simulating horizontally infinite scenes.
- Large-scale thermal infrared images (brightness temperature).
version 1.7): Download it from here: LESS V1.7
- Circular Fisheye camera, with different projections.
- be able to set NoDataValue
version 1.6): Download it from here: LESS V1.6
- Upward and downward solar radiation calculation
- Many bugs fixed
version 1.3): Download it from here: LESS V1.3
- A complete new tool to extract tree positions from CHM map.
- Supporting land cover map (each land cover type can be assigned with its own optical property), example.
version 1.2): Download it from here: LESS V1.2
- A new tool to define object position by mouse click.
- Supporting background image, which is useful when creating scenes based on maps (e.g. land cover map)
- Supporting output synthesized RGB image to have a better view of the created scene.
- Fix some bugs when import from optical database
version 1.1): Download it from here: LESS V1.1
- Unlimited band numbers.
- Add bandwidth features for band definition
- A new tool to define band number and bandwidth, especially for large number of bands.
- A new tool to define instances of objects by poisson distributon and Polygons.
- select optical properties from some predefined database.
A windows 64bit version can be downloaded from here: LESS1.0
An example simulation project can be downlowded: Exmaple